Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sleeping by the river and steam train fun

Roughly 2 weeks ago we hitched up the Winjana and escaped just for a few days to the country area 4 hours away from our place ☺

Got to see some long legged sheep, normally not quite so long in the leg but these ones were looking pretty tall for sheep......

We stopped one night along the Murray river.....we have been to this spot before when it was a lot warmer weather ☺ here free-camping-beside-murray-river

It really is a beautiful spot

And does have a toilet if required too 



I finally completed knitting this pair of socks while away and can say they were certainly needed the next day......

Ice on the solar panels and the temp was minus 2 in the Winjana lol 

But certainly had a beautiful blue sky as I poked my camera through the roof lol 


MisHap was certainly hoping some sun was going to shine on her 


I have started another pair of socks, this time using little circulars and loving how neat they are.....but still taking ages (just me) and still working on that one sock weeks later....I joined a Winwick sockalong thing on facebook ☺☺

We then stopped for 2 nights at a caravan park in Seymour as I knew there was 3 STEAM ENGINES coming on the Sunday ☺☺☺

It had the Goulburn river right next to it and hence it's name Goulburn River Tourist Park....also we had a powered site so we could run the heater thank goodness lol 

There was a Corella building a bit of a home


Actually there were 2 of them......nesting I guess ☺

We did bring Woody and his pal Buzz lightyear too, but they preferred to stay rugged up under my jumper in the back of the ute.....they reckon the weather was too cold lol 

On the Sunday we parked ourselves right here......

Along the railway line

Keeping our eyes wide open 

And I marked where my feet would stand along that track....

Waiting

The man had his movie camera ready.....

I was ready too with my mobile camera and canon camera....

Do I see something.....

Toot toot here they come

It was fantastic to see.....


And I cannot describe the excitement I felt......eeek

Arrived so quick and past so fast......

We drove on to go back in to town

They had already past here and were back at the station.....I wont apologise for all of the photos because after all it is my blog and this is one of my passions so lots of photos ♥♥

3 engines on one platform all linked up.....



R707 led the way.....



Followed by R761 which comes to our train in 2 weeks.......snow train fun for me.....



And R711



They went up and down the tracks parking some of the carriages.....

The turntable in the distance.....



Even a diesel came through

With lots of containers to be delivered far away.....


We then were able to go around to where the turntable was.....



This was so much fun being so close.....

Turning.....



Coming right off the turntable.....

ssssssssssssss

Yep THREE STEAM TRAINS.....heaven ♥



More turning on the turntable......beautiful day too




Eeeeek......ssssss




Back to fill up with water and be ready for the departure.....

We parked just near the boom gates for their return run......

Me ready again, this time with my snuggly hat on....it was getting very chilly.....

The man getting setup again with the movie camera.....


And here they come, one shot with my mobile and 

This with my camera.....again so fast 

Good bye triple R class engines......

Toot toot.......
If interested here is the man's video of trip heading back...... youtube video
Of course we are now back home and have been for a while.....
thanks again for dropping in and glad you have been enjoying my updates xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. You sure do love your steam trains! So do I. We are home and our bed never felt so good! And our lounge chairs.. heaven! I'm not moving for 3 days. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy! You are brave to camp in the cold, and to get so close to the stream engines! They are exciting to watch, and I loved riding through a cranberry bog in Massachusetts in a steam driven train many years ago. Thanks for sharing the fun you had :) Bravo on your completed socks! In theory I want to knit many more pairs, but I am so pokey. Have you tried crocheting a pair....I can't remember if you mentioned you had. I found a pattern, but it is still on my want to make list. Wishing you happy days! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your photos of your travels.Your socks and hat are fabulous. xox

    ReplyDelete